Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 In Review

Favorite trip? Probably one of my first trips to Long Island. Since starting my job in May there hasn't been a lot of time for travel so this little miniature vacations have been super refreshing. The beaches on Long Island are so peaceful and beautiful 

Favorite book? "Sula" by Toni Morrison. I actually picked this book up in a desperate panic. I had to choose a book from a list of about 30 to write my final thesis paper for an English class on in the spring and waited until the WAY last minute. Sula just happened to be the one I found first and I'm so glad it was. I wolfed the book down in ONE night! Definitely not a light read, but so emotional and compelling. 

Favorite movie? Of the movies that came out in 2012, I guess Dark Knight Rises was my favorite. I didn't see many, but this one definitely didn't disappoint! That batman is such a hottie. 

Favorite TV show? PARENTHOOD. I got hooked around this time last year. If you know me, you know that i really never watch tv. So, I'm definitely not as avid as the most avid fan- but for me, this is as avid as it gets. Avid. Just wanted to say it one more time. :P For real, probably my most favorite show since State of Grace.. anyone remember that gem? no? Well if you do I will have you know that Amber and Grace of State and Grace are one in the same.. CRAZY. ( Grace/Amber/Mae Whitman is on Right in pic below)

Side Note..Is Joel (Parenthood) not the most perfect husband in the world? #love #dreamy




Favorite song? Album? Absolutely Florence and the Machine's Ceremonials. Florence Welch is so talented. I could listen to ANY of her songs on repeat. Shake it out and Only if for Tonight were two great ones from this album though. 

Favorite purchase? I think my last post made this pretty clear, but without a doubt, my shiny new baby, "Holy Hannah the Hyundai" 



Favorite meal out? Bar Ferdinand in Northern Liberties, Philadelphia. This is where the bf took me for my birthday dinner and it was so perfect. It was spanish tapas and everything was delicious. The WINE WAS AMAZING. It had such great atmosphere and was so romantic. There were dried red roses hanging everywhere. Perfect night. 

Favorite new recipe? Well, due to my new found love in 2012- Pinterest- I found and tried many an excellent recipe. However, I will just share this one with you as it has become a quick, healthy, staple for me- and the end of 2012 was all about cleaning up my diet. Zucchini, Black Bean, an Rice Skillet

Favorite day? "It's impossible to pick just one" says the blogger I borrowed this from and I couldn't agree more. 

Favorite development? Again, I don't think I could pick just one. New apartment, new roommate, new boyfriend, new friends, new car, new job, new gym - I can't even imagine what will develop next.

Favorite outfit? Yoga pants and a tee- any moment I could find to kick back and relax or go to the gym, this was my uniform. Don't get me wrong, I love to dress up and had plenty of great outfits this year, but I'm most proud of the things I do in my yoga pants. 

Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving. It was my longest vacation since starting my job and my first holiday spent in Long Island. I loved every minute of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment